Hey Mr. Tough

Sunday, December 16, 2012


This is the second installment of the photo-series I did in Paris with Ricky Cohete. Ricky loaned me some of his clothes from which we created a series of outfits. The style shown here is totally not my usual style- but pushing boundaries has shown me more of my capabilities. We shot around the Canal St. Martin- a very hip area that I had never really experienced before. Do go check it out next time you are in Paris. It was extremely cold that day, and rainy... but the neighborhood was buzzing with life and it was fun creating a scene.



 When I was going through this shoot I kept thinking of this song by Yo La Tengo.



The really exciting part of this shoot was getting to feature my new machete (cuff) from Ursul. I met their designer/owner at a blogger meet up a few weeks before and was excited to feature his work. Do check out more of their bracelets. They use great materials and every piece is simple and modern. I love the fact that it was made by craftspeople in France... and I will be featuring their studio in the coming months.

My new nose-ring is by Dean Rizzo at Eurotribal Tatoo near Bastille. He was Austrailian and charming and I had such a great experience there. I had been plotting a nose-ring for quite some time- but it literally took Jenn Eliott Blake coming along and holding my hand through it all. So much for being Mr. Tough.

Stay tuned for the third installment in this series... it is the weirdest!



Jonathan Randall Grant
//
Culture Keeper

2 comments:

  1. Really like the final shot - the chiné look of the doors works well with the pants - a great cohesive look.

    Looking forward to the next series -

    Devon
    www.InformedStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite areas of Paris! I lived in a building over looking those bridges when I lived in Paris the first time... such a fun neighborhood!

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Culture Keeper All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger