Jane Mow // Sydney Adventure

Monday, June 3, 2013



Yes, it’s been a while since my last post!

Things have been somewhat busy on this side of the world. For the past few months I have been styling for television, a music video for a well-known New Zealand band; KORA, commercials, look-books & campaigns for fashion designers, also managed to design a campaign shoot for Miss Piggy's a cake company. I think my most exciting job since my last post would’ve been assisting fashion stylist, Kiri Donaldson. Now that was an experience! She is one amazing woman who has now become a friend. Shhhh…don’t tell her but I’ve been stalking her work for years! I was on cloud 9 while assisting her on a winter editorial for M2Woman Magazine. Can’t wait for those pictures to come out!

Earlier this year, I had the opportunity to work with Tony Wilson on the images seen here. 

Tony is a very talented hair stylist, and these pics were his submission for Mens Hairdresser of the Year at Hair Expo Australia.

Our Photographer was Iain Smith, who I’ve worked with before. I had heard of Tony & his boutique salon before this. The day of the shoot couldn’t have gone any better. Iain & I had met before hand to discuss the concept. We threw ideas around & talked endlessly about taking something from the old & placing it in the present. A concept that had to be achieved through texture & different color tones since we were shooting in black & white. Everything came together really well. The models were outstanding. I tend to let styling take its course during the day of the shoot. I think creativity comes out at it’s best when you just let it flow. It was as if each model stepped out of an ancient picture frame into the present. I think it’s been one of my best works so far. Thanks Tony for trusting me with your collection! 

I have a good feeling about June. It is jam packed with photo shoots, collaborating with various photographers both new & old friends.

...Starting off with a trip to Sydney, Australia- where I will be re-creating these looks (with a twist) for Tony’s show.

Australian adventures, and heaps of fun to be had! Wish me luck!



Hair Stylist: Tony Wilson
Fashion Stylist: Jane Mow
Photographer: Iain Smith 


Jane Mow
//
Culture Keeper

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Culture Keeper All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger