Puces Saint-Ouen

Wednesday, July 4, 2012


One of my favorite activities in Paris is exploring the Puces Saint-Ouen. It is kind of a magical place for me- although I understand that some people dislike it to the extreme.  When one first arrives, one is greeted by a barrage of men trying to sell faux Vuitton. push right past them. One then arrives at the north african vendors- browse lightly and continue. When one makes their way into the quiet haven of antiques- one has arrived. The Puce is a peaceful labrynth of wonder. There is an old man who stitches together leather bags for me while I wait, a cafe with an Edith Piaf impersonator, and perhaps the greatest concentration of eccentric personalities and style in all of Paris. Most importantly there is mile after mile of alley ways and filled with curious finds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Culture Keeper All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger