Parsons Paris Fashion Show

Wednesday, June 27, 2012


A few weeks ago I had the opportunity (thanks to my dear friend Marie) to attend the end-of-term fashion show at Parsons Paris. I made my friend Eliott come with me- and on the perhaps the warmest day of spring we mixed and mingled with the champagne drinking crowd at the Cirque d'Hiver. Jean-Charles de Castlebajac presided over a range of student collections that were, in fact, mesmerizing. The highest honor of the evening went to Stephanie Wu, who very rightly won "Designer of the Year". The crowd was a melange of students, professors, photographers, and those well-dressed anonomous types that one can never quite place.


Here are a few of my favorite looks from the runway collections:




The Parsons show was the first time I have ever shot a runway show. The opportunity proved to be great fun- and a bit challenging. Eliot and I were audibly gasping at moments- such was the beauty of certain garments. It was also great to meet some of the Parsons students and professors- it seems a very nurturing, creative community.  I cannot wait to see what these students will roll out with next! I also find myself hoping that this will be the first of many fashion shows on Culture Keeper.


Jonathan Randall Grant
//
Culture Keeper

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Culture Keeper All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger